Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cloudy Thoughts

Genesis 1:2
The earth was without form, and void, and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Here we read where God confronts chaos. The unruly, disorganized behavior and functions that identified His creation. God did not intend for it to be this way, and He is not about to let it remain in this state.

What do we know from Genesis 1:2?
The face of the deep was present.
The face of darkness was present?
But the Spirit of God was there confronting the chaos.
The word "VOID" from the Hebrew, also means "meaningless" or with out meaning. God not only creates life but it is His good pleasure to give purpose and meaning to life.

God is the creator, not the inventor.
Inventor's make machines and then stand back to watch them run.
God has poured Himself into his creation.
Just as today, for those who receive Jesus as Lord over their very lives, have the Holy Spirit of God poured into them.
This presence of God's Holy Spirit creates a new life and a new dynamic that runs contrary to the dictates and demands of this world.
No longer am I tied to my sin nature.
I have been set free from the penalty, the power and the presence of sin.
Does this mean the battle is over between my flesh (sin nature) and my spirit?
No, the two will battle till I draw my last breath or Jesus comes to take me home.
But I am no longer a slave to the sin.
I no longer must act on its behalf to do its bidding.
The chaos of sin in my life has been replaced with a sense of peace.
Not the peace that comes when all my circumstances and situations around me have been stilled, but peace that lives deep within that centers me even when everything is shaking and up in the air. When I think to myself, "I should be worried and upset over this situation, but I'm not." A peace from God that bypasses my brain and goes deep within my heart.

As I look around at our country and our government, I see more and more chaos.
I see darkness (spiritual) covering towns and cities.
But even in all of this, I know that the Spirit of God is hovering and moving to work the plans and purposes of God so that His Kingdom will be brought in.
I rest in the assurance that no matter what happens, God is in control and that all things that are happening are working for the good of the Kingdom.
I can rest in this thought.

God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...