Thursday, March 25, 2010


I am saddened.
I am not shocked by the attitude.
Scripture said it would be this way "in the last days."
Yet, I never thought I would see it in my lifetime.
The lack of a moral compass in my country, the United States of America.
The lines between what is acceptable and what isn't is now defined
by the human heart.
The human heart, which according to Scripture, is deceitful above all things, is now the moral, absolute compass of what is and isn't appropriate.
The human heart now defines and declares what is
acceptable and appropriate and should be embraced by all.
Behavior and words that are openly displayed for all to hear and see
now fill this nation that 10 years ago would not be tolerated or condoned as correct behavior.
A high ranking government official uses a gutter-term during
a public gathering to describe how he felt about the passage of a bill.
The same official later states, after being uncovered, that he was told that his
usage of the word made the day, so to speak.
My heart breaks for this country.
We have become so polarized through our speech that we no longer listen.
We are too busy pushing agenda's and lambasting the other side.
The name of Christ is shopped about like cheap ware in a flea market.
His named is dropped in speeches in order to get votes.
Words like "faith" and "family values" are cast around
so as to give the impression that high moral values are at play.
Why do I bring all this up?
I'm not sure, except to say that we should be praying hard and long for God's will to be made evident.
I'm not sure that things will change. After all, if you read II Timothy Chapter 3,
you'll see that in the last days certain human character defects will be more evident
than ever before.
I hold true that this is the what we are currently seeing in this nation as well as around the world.
Verse 5 states that many will "have a form of godliness" but deny the power that is found in true Godliness.
In other words, the name of Jesus will be bandied about in order to create the
appearance of being a believer.
Having such a facade only to further personal and selfish ambitions in the
business and government world.
I'm not smart enough to play these silly games.
But what I do know that there is a time when
we all will have to give an account of our life here on this planet.
CNN or Fox will not be there to cover it.
Every eye will see and hear.
ABC, NBC and CBS will not be asked to give a follow up address to put a spin on what takes place.
The final word rests with Jesus. Lord and Savior.
LORD over all who claim to be lord.
KING over all who claim to be king.
PRESIDENT over all who claim to be president.
PRIME MINISTER over all who claim to be prime minister.
In other words, no matter what the title of governmental heads....
Jesus rules above their influence...
above their power.....
Imagine what that day will look like....

God on you...
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

I'm glad that we have the book of Revelation....we win in the end. It's really hard to believe were we are at as a Nation.

Greene Street Letters said...

I honestly never thought we would find ourselves in this position during my lifetime. IT is like a bad dream, but I rest in the knowledge that God is in control.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...