Thursday, March 18, 2010

It Will Happen

One thing I see among people who don't believe Scripture and even some who do but are not one for studying is an attitude that everything we know in this life will continue.
Almost a refusal to believe the words of Jesus.
John 16:16 - In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me."
Confusing? Could be. Jesus was making it clear that he had to suffer through the death and resurrection then he would be leaving his disciples to return to heaven. He told them not to fear or to let their hearts be troubled because if he left them, he would come back to gather them to where he was.

Jesus is coming back.
When?
I don't know.
What should be my attitude or behavior?
Well, as best as I read it in Scripture, we are to continue doing what we are suppose to do.
Living out the directives of God here in this world.
Praying for the sick.
Breaking demonic oppression over the lives of people.
Visit the prisoner.
Feed the hungry.
In general, be about the kingdom business of the Father.
In the middle of all of this, I am to keep watch.
Watching for signs and hints that things are happening which will give us a clue as to how far along we are in this entire prophetic process.
People ask, "Are we in the last days?" To which I would give the same reply I've heard John Wimber give...."I don't know, but I do know that we are "laster" than we've ever been."
Each tick of the clock....
Each day that passes...We are close to Jesus' return.

In John 16:33, Jesus leaves his disciples with an encouraging word. He says, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
By clinging to and relying on Jesus' and his teachings, I find strength through the Holy Spirit in me. The Spirit is constantly showing me how weak I am to combat such things that are in the world today. But in my weakness, the power and strength of God are applied and, as it says in Philippians 4:13...."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
What falls under "All things?"
All things.

Let these words encourage you today.
We are all in different places physically and geographically as well as Spiritually.
Let the peace of God guard your hearts and minds.
Rest in the knowledge that God is in control.

God on you today....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...