Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Open Up


Psalm 89:1
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever. With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations.
Yo! It isn't about me. It isn't about me and the things God does for me. It isn't about me and the blessings that He gives to me. Get it? It isn't about me.
This seems to be a reoccurring theme in my head sometimes. I focus on God, but in the process it becomes about me. I use what God has done, is doing and hopefully will do, as a gauge to measure the God-ness that I see in my life. How sick is that. To measure God by how well I am or how positive my emotions and feelings are is not the way He wants it to be.
I like the verse above from Psalm 89 because it reminds me that if anything, my only part in life is to declare the mercies, the grace, the goodness of God. That's it. I must point to Him, not to myself and show Him as the truth that Scripture reveals. In other words, I have a story to tell. The means I use to tell others, well that is as varied as we can imagine. Take this blog for instance. I never thought it would last as long as it has or gone to the places that it has, but if God (for whatever reason) has used it. I have a story to tell that runs everyday. Some days the story is hard and some days it is easy, but no matter what, the story points to God.
Last night, I was invited by some friends to go and pray for a guy who had relapsed. It was not the typical "Oh I messed up and used" drug tale that we often hear. This guy had been doing great. I won't go into all the details but suffice it to say that there was some demonic stuff going on. We drive to this man's house and he is ready to be ministered to. It was a really neat time as we prayed over this man, his house and his property and then saw the peace of God settle over everything. The spiritual darkness was broken and the man received God. It was awesome x 10!
There was a tremendous amount of gratitude from this man and he kept saying over and over, "Oh! Thank you Jesus........thank you Jesus." We came to this man and declared to him the power and purity that God wanted to bring to his life. It happened and now this man wants to grow and share the same story with others who are suffering similar lives.
That is what I live for.
To declare to you that this Jesus is real.
No matter what you are facing in life today, He wants to be your Lord and Savior and help you through it.
It is a matter of simply surrendering yourself and your will to Him.
You don't have to have a lot of answers or knowledge.
You just have to be sick and tired of being sick and tired.
"I'm Yours Lord. All my mess, all my sin, all my destruction....forgive me for what I have done."
"Clean my slate and give me a new beginning."
"I receive, right now, this new beginning. I believe that you are Jesus Christ and the Lord. I believe that God resurrected you from the dead and you rose to live again forever.I give myself to you. Will You give of Your Holy Spirit to me? I receive Him right now."
"I will live for you."
And we close with "Amen...in Jesus Name!"

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...