Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Shut Down Day


Saturday! Weather is shaping up for a good day. Lot's of sunshine. I sound like a weather man, don't I?
We aren't having services tonight as the men will be visiting a local group who enjoys putting on special events especially for those here at Rapha.
Since we aren't having the meeting, I have a day off, so to speak. I don't have to prepare a message or get up a worship set. I can just "be here" at Rapha. Do whatever is needed to be done and just enjoy the day.
Part of my day will be in the porch swing in front of the classroom.
It's a good location and one that lets you see the compound so you can kind of keep up with everything. It's also a good place because everyone passes by at one time or another during the day. Some will stop to talk which is always good. Some will merely say "howdy" and move on.
Tyler (grand son) spent the night with us last night. It's always good to have the grand kids come and visit. I don't know for sure (I had to leave early) but I bet his "aimme" made him pancakes this morning. Don't let Vicki know, but she spoils Tyler. I do too so there you go.
Next week is Easter and my thoughts always turn to the events leading up to Jesus' resurrection. It's the events and human drama that took place before his death and resurrection that have always drawn me, and this year is no different. I'm not sure exactly what is going to happen, but I do know that next Saturday's meeting will special and a little different that the way we usually conduct our services. Seth Barber will be speaking and as always, I look forward to him coming to share. Seth always brings a "right now" message that seems to hit home with the guys.
We are looking at bringing back Danny Daniels (possible in May). Danny has been with us in the past and always brings what I refer to as "the Blues and the Gospel". Also, possibly in June, Nori and Barbie Kelley will be traveling through. Nori and Barbie currently live in Japan and will be home visiting and touring. Make your plans to be with us for these two very special events. You won't want to miss them.
Verse of the Day:
Revelation 21:4
He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever.
God on you..........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...