Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Night

Psalm 95:6
Come let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.

There are times when this verse truly grabs hold of me and I can do nothing less than fall to my knees and cry out, "thank you Lord!"
Within that cry is a question.
"Why me?"
Why am I the recipient of such a wonderful gift as your offer to eternal life and relationship with you?
There are moments when everything is crystal clear in my thoughts and I think I truly understand God, and what is happening in me.
Then there are moments when I have sinned and I truly feel as though I have disqualified myself from life with Him.
Maybe that is the heart of everything I have written.
That when I do sin, He sends such conviction from the Holy Spirit that He draws me back into right standing. If that be the case, Hallelujah! What as Savior! God's desire is to grow me up from the sin-attitudes and sin-behaviors that come out into the light.

Sometimes I feel like a left handed monkey wrench trying to tighten a right threaded bolt and nut. It just simply doesn't work. In those moments when everything seems muddled and out of control, I must learn to rest in God. I can quit my striving. I can stop my own expenditure of strength to make something happen, and simply rest. Wait on God. Meditate on His word. Worship Him. That is the best.

I truly believe above any and every thing that we have been taught in our churches, we have missed it when we don't see that we were created to worship. That worship is a life that is pleasing to God. Everything that emanates from me is worship unto God. My chores, my job, my risings and my sittings. My going out and my coming in. In the middle of a storm or in the quietness of the dawn, I am worship. Everything in me is worship unto God.

On my guitar there are 6 strings.
Each one is a specific thickness and gauge.
Each one specifically made to be tuned to a certain note and pitch.
When tension is applied to that string, the string vibrates at the appropriate pitch and gives the sound it was created to make. Too much tension and the string's sound becomes sharp. Way too much tension and the string will break.
Too little tension and the string will be flat in sound. Too little tension and the string never achieves the sound and note it was created to make.
The same in my relationship with God.
He tunes me to the right tension in my life so that I will vibrate for His good pleasure.
Why would I desire anything else but to be the string that God created me to be and to produce the sound that he created me to produce?
Wow! You are so right on God....
Think on these things....
God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...