Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday Night


Sun down...
Cool breeze...
Voices over the camp..
Pool game in the rec room.
Domino's in the chow hall.
Talk coming from the back deck of dorm #2.
Evening at Rapha.
David Ruis is singing "Sweet Mercies" on the camp music system.
It is my most favorite time of day.
Here in my office preparing for the night.
Anger management at 7 p.m.
Voluntary Bible Study at 9 p.m.
Tonight I think we are going to be in Exodus Chapter 1.
I always hold these things loosely because God sometimes changes
everything at the last moment.
I am here until 10 p.m.
There will be several who drop by my office to talk.
Some come to simply say "hello" and share their day.
Some come by asking questions about "Bible" stuff.
You know....
"Where did Cain get his wife?"
"Where do you think the Ark of the Covenant is?"
"Did people really live that long in the old testament?"
Every now and then you'll get a surprise.
Someone will stop by and ask, "What must I do to be saved?"
Those are always special.
I will be off tomorrow.
If it is pretty weather, I'll be working in the yard.
Part of me hopes it rains.

It has been a good day.
God was gracious to me during our teaching time this afternoon.
I pray that He will give me something for this evening.
This is a rambling kind of posting but I just needed to do it.
If you find it to be boring....
skip over it.
But thanks for dropping by though.
See you tomorrow.
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...