Friday, March 5, 2010

Weekend Coming

Saturday approaching.
Visitation here at Rapha.
Weather is going to be good.
Warm, sun, family, food....
It will be a good time for the guys.
Visitation always lifts the spirits and adds a little spring to the step.
Shouldn't that be the norm when we experience a
visitation from God?
Shouldn't our hearts beat a little faster when we come into His presence?
Shouldn't our thoughts become clearer as His Holy Spirit rises up within us?
Shouldn't the voices of the enemy that sometimes whisper in our heads, be silent?
I think so.
I am blessed beyond measure, and when there are those times where I know that I truly am in the presence of God, I am reminded of what has transpired in my life.
Let's be perfectly honest at this point.
I am a mess.
I know it.
I have a lot of things that God wants out of my life.
But He is working on me.
I'm not running around with a self-proclaimed blue print
thinking that I can change it all.
I want to write a verse here that may explain where my heart is.
It is a lengthy verse because I am using the Amplified Bible.
Philippians 3:10
[For my determined purpose] is that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted deeply with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [ in spirit into His likeness even] to His death. [in the hope]
Even as I wrote this verse, there was a part of me that squirms and wants to run away at the mention of joining the fellowship of His (Jesus) sufferings.
But here in this place of being identified with Christ, is where we find strength to carry on.
Strength to get up every morning and go about the business of the day.
Strength to not quit when everything looks hopeless.
Strength to recognize that what we are experiencing is not of ourselves,
but a gift from our Father in heaven.
God bless you this weekend.....
See you Monday...
Here at the Greene Street Letters.
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...