Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's Not The "How" but the "Why"

I Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

We get so caught up in acting spiritual and religious in front of other people, that we forget God is all about the motive. The "WHY" we did what we did. In order to be truly free in every part of of our life, we must seek the proper motive for our actions. The Bible describes the proper motive in the simple thought of "whatever I do, do it for the glory of God." We may not openly or readily admit it but sometimes we seek our own glory in an effort to bolster our own self worth. We rob from God what is rightfully his....that is glory. Is God an ego-maniac that needs to have his self-worth stroked and bragged over? NO! He is God and that very fact alone is enough for me to give glory to Him.

When I begin to work or live for the glory of God, instead of my own, I become a person of truth and it is in this truth that I find true freedom. What does John 8:31-32say? If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

I need to be free.
Not just for today but beyond.
If, in my heart, my purpose is to glorify God, then I am working in concert with God, and He will enable me to do what I seek to do. What some fail to see in this relationship, is that as you allow God to work through you, He will receive the glory and there will be an on-going freedom that is given.

Psalm 115:1
Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us...
But to Your name give glory
Because of Your mercy,
Because of Your truth.

I change my focus from self to the Lord Jesus. In order to walk in freedom, I must walk with Jesus, looking to him for guidance and power.
The answer to my problems is not found in me, so that is not the place to look.
The answer is found in Jesus and.......
IN BEHOLDING HIM!!!!
LOOKING TO HIM!!!!
LISTENING TO HIM!!!!

Verse of the Day:
Romans 13:11
Do this, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep. For now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed.

God on you.......'
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...