Monday, April 19, 2010

New Message Downloaded

Saturday night was an unusual night, in that I felt the message that I had prepared was not the one God wanted me to teach. This is not the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last. I turned to John Chapter 8 which is the story of the woman caught in adultery who is brought before Jesus by the religious rulers.

I knew that God was saying, "let's uncover the pharisee."
The pharisee in me.
You see, I'm to the point now in my life, that I don't really hesitate when God tells me to do something. I don't mind being the object lesson. I don't mind being exposed when I'm wrong. To me, this is the safest place to be in. If I can learn from my mistake and remain teachable, then I can grow in Christ. That is the place real life happens, where you can live in honesty and transparency before others.

I guess the one thing I have taken with me over these past 13 years is that I don't know all the answers and I don't have to know all the answers. I just have to be obedient. I have to trust God and his leading and simply follow. I may balk, I may be fearful, I may be angry, but I will trust and follow. How can I have all these emotions and still be obedient? Because God knows my humanness, not to excuse it, but He works in me to move beyond what would seek to hold me in place and keep me from following him.

Give a listen to the message.
I hope God speaks to you and you are able to glean something for yourself.

Until tomorrow...
God on you............
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...