Monday, May 17, 2010

Draw Near--Dance! Scream!Yell! Be Quiet for God!

Amos 9:11 (get it? 911...God's calling!)
In that day I will raise up the fallen tabernacle of David, and wall up its breaches. I will also raise up its ruins and rebuild it as in the days of old.

I Samuel 3:3
And the lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the temple of the LORD where the ark of God was....

II Samuel 6:14
And David (the king) was dancing before the Lord with all his might, and David was wearing a linen ephod.

Drawing near to God in a corporate setting or by ourselves is truly what it is all about.
What do I mean when I say "draw near to God?"

Focus our attention solely on Him.
Put down all our "stuff"............
Our baggage (emotional, physical and spiritual0 that we tend to drag around all day and turn our hearts, our minds and our spirits and think on God.
As we do this, we express our love and devotion in what ever manner it happens to erupt in.
I know that some are very uncomfortable with such displays of emotion.
I'm not saying get sloppy for Jesus.
I'm just saying "get real" for Jesus.
Music has a way of drawing out these things into the open where we can publicly declare our worship unto God.
When I am a part of a worship team and I am playing guitar, it is a place where I hear and sense the presence of God unlike any other.

I know that not everyone responds to music in the same way.
What I do want to encourage you to do is to not be bound up by what others think.
Don't let someones opinion or idea of you dictate your worship.
Let God direct you.
Like Samuel, I just want to discard everything that isn't from God, so I can embrace everything that is from Him.
God is desiring a people who will worship him, as He states in John Chapter 4....worship in Spirit and truth.
That is what I want to learn how to do.....worship with reckless abandonment into God hands.
What better place to be.
Then from there, walk out into the world..........
to the marketplace.....
to the hospitals...........
to the schools............
and just drop Jesus seeds on everyone I meet.
Make disciples.
Baptize them all....
Teach them to do what Jesus did.
Let them know that they truly are on a mission for God.

Wow!
God on you.......
mb

1 comment:

The guru said...

I am really impressed by the spiritual content of your blog. Please do visit my blog where I have written a story named "indian Jesus" and comment on it.
www.theindianjesus.blogspot.com

Yours
Bijosh

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...