Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday....

Friday-----
Movie day here at Rapha.
The guys have been in class all week during the day and evening.
By the time we get to Friday they are pretty well "classed" out, so a movie seems to help them.

Tomorrow night, at the BACK DOOR (our Saturday night meeting) we will be moving into STEP # 5 of the Twelve Steps.
We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

While studying for this next teaching, I ran across Psalm 51 which is a 5th step Psalm. King David has been uncovered for his adultery with Bathsheba. David has gone before God to confess the "exact nature of his wrong."

Verse 2, David says, "Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin."
Did you notice how those two things seem to go together?
Guilt and Sin.
Ham and eggs...
Guilt and Sin.
Peanut Butter and Jelly.
Guilt and Sin.
Sounds like two attorney's doesn't it?
GUILT & SIN : Attorney's at law!
Only these two are toxic to us as human beings.
Guilt and sin work together in our minds, hearts and spirit to keep us mired down in the world's biggest pity party.
"Welcome To Guilt City--------population: ME!"
King David looks to the only source that can free him from Guilt. God!
I find it ironic that there are two opposites at work here to free David.

David says "wash" me from my guilt.
Washing would imply water.
Would that be the Holy Spirit? Always associated with water, the Holy Spirit is the cleansing agent God uses to remove the dirt, grime, crud of guilt.

When it comes to sin, David says to "purify" me from my sins.
Fire has always been the agent associated with purification.
Just as a person purifies gold by heating it with fire, God uses the fire of the Holy Spirit to purify us. Spiritual heat brings the impurities of our life to the surface where they can be dealt with.

So here in the Psalm, we have fire (to purify) and water (to cleanse). Two opposites that bring about a total healing to our lives.
Maybe today, we all need to ask for more fire and water to be poured over us.
Food for thought.
Until tomorrow....
God on you..........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...