Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm being stretched....

As I have continued to write this ongoing blog about my journey with Jesus, I have come to the conclusion that it's all bigger than I imagined.
I have a tendency to think that God's kingdom only exists here at Rapha and maybe, just maybe down on Greene Street where I live. Funny part is that when I meet other people, I hear their stories and how God has touched their lives and changed them. They tell of their struggles and encounters as God moves in their lives. Suddenly the whole "kingdom of God" idea has boundaries that stretch farther than I imagined.

It is my own "small" thinking that has caused me to see God in such a narrow, defined space. Partly because of my own struggles and battles keep my attention on my part of the world.
From time to time, God drops a token into my life that makes me stop and say, "wow!"
Posting this blog on the Internet has been such a token. When I get E-mails and comments from people around the world, it truly makes me realize that the Kingdom of God is so much bigger than I could ever imagine. What is the Kingdom of God? It is wherever the rule and reign of God is being carried out in the lives of the people who have become disciples of Jesus.
It causes me to realize that God is indeed at work around this planet. His plans and desires are being carried out in the hearts and lives of those who have been called to join themselves to Jesus.

When I begin to think about what God is doing in China as well as Attalla, in Australia as well as Gadsden, it boggles my mind. Yet, in all of this, I so glibly recite the words "Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Do I truly understand exactly what I have just prayed? I have asked the omnipotent God to bring here to this earth the same evidence and purpose of His will that is taking place in heaven even as I type this. I'm not sure I can appreciated the magnitude of what I have just prayed. Yet, even in this praying, it is my lack of faith that sometimes keeps God from interacting and changing things I know are on his heart. Does this mean that I am more powerful than God? No, but I should be aware of the power the word "NO" has when it comes to my interaction with God.

I don't know that I have seen the Kingdom of God here around me come in with great leaps and bounds. I do know this one thing though............the Kingdom of God comes daily and it penetrates every area of my existence. It has changed me.........it is changing me........it will continue to change me. I pray that I am not a hindrance to God's will here on earth.....
Let it come, Lord!

God on you.....
mb
Many thanks to the Ghuru for stopping by and commenting on the Greene Street Letters. Thanks for the invite to your blog. I visited and read several of your postings. Hope to drop back and read more....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...