Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Milestone

I have been so busy lately that I forgot the dates that just passed us by.

April 28th, 2006 was my last day as Associate Pastor of Gadsden Vineyard. I gave my last message there on this day, and my first message at the first service here at Rapha on the same day (two for one if you will). Wow, 4 years of having a service here. So many memories in that little chapel. So many times we have seen God come and stir those present and then heal and restore and save.

One of my most favorite memories is one Sunday I was giving a really good message (at least it seemed that way in my mind) and right in the middle of it one of the guys raised his hand. My first thought was, "You want to ask a question now? C'mon!" But as I looked at him, there were tears streaming down his face. I asked him what he wanted and with a very soft voice he asked, "What do I have to do to be saved?" Needless to say the message went out the window and we immediately moved to ministry.

The first Saturday night in June (8th) was our first meeting moving Sunday morning time to Saturday night. I have posted that message on the pod casts so feel free to listen to it.

The one thing that Vicki and I realize with each passing day is that we have been blessed beyond measure to be called to Rapha. Even with the change in ownership, we feel as though the call is still in place and will continue to work, teach, love and minister to those who come through here.

I pray that God would give us 20 more years of ministry in recovery.
It is a good day to be alive.
God on you all.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...