Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Day...New Way...

Funny how a day can change your perspective when you are following hard (sometimes) after Jesus. You know, the whole "take up your cross and follow". Some days I am very aware of that cross. It weighs heavy on me. Usually when this is the case, I am being drawn to things of this world. Stuff and situations that would only feed my worldly appetite. O. k. lets call it what it is....my old sin nature. When I find myself wrestling with these things, it is then I feel the weight of the cross. A reminder of who has called me. What He has called me to, and the price that was paid so that I might have the wonderful privilege to carry my own cross and not hang upon it.

The weight of the cross is felt through the conviction the Holy Spirit brings to me. As terrible as I feel sometimes when conviction comes, the very fact that God brings it to me is such an incredible token of His love for me. All of these thoughts combined strengthen me and in this strengthening, the cross grows lighter. I move on in my journey with Jesus.

I am reminded of the tremendous benediction given by Jude:
Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.....
To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever.
Amen.

That pretty much sums it up!
I am called to follow Jesus.
Every time something seeks to draw my attention away from the journey, He lovingly reminds me of the call.
I still have a choice in the matter....
but I choose daily to surrender my will or as the Bible puts it...."Deny myself!"

SO...
I am grateful for this new day.
I pray that I get it right today and that I don't embarrass my heavenly Father.

Think on these things...
God on you............
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

We are all like sheep prone to wander away. I'm glad he comes after us!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...