Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ummmm Ummmm Good!

I Thessalonians 4:18
So comfort and encourage each other with these words.

What words?
Why would I need encouragement?
The words to lift us up and encourage us that Jesus is coming back.
When?
I don't know.
Then why encourage?
Because life on this side of eternity is pretty hard.
It's really hard if you are a believer, because everyone looks at you like you're a leper.
"Oh...he's a holy joe!"
"Stay away from him, he's one of them!"
The encouragement comes from the simple fact that Jesus is who he claims to be and is going to do what he has said he will do.
He is going to come back for a people.....a church, if you will.
You don't hear too much talk about comforting each other to not give up.
You don't hear too many people talking about Jesus coming back.
I don't care if you consider yourself a pre-tribulation believer or a post-tribulation believer or if your purple with green polka dots.............Jesus is coming back.

I don't know when.
I don't concern myself with that.
But you know what?
Having the hope of his return and knowing that it could be at any moment, that is a comfort.

I like what Paul writes in I Thessalonians 5......

V.1 - I really don't need to write to you about how and when all this (Jesus' return) will happen, dear brothers and sisters. For you know quiet well that the day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night.

V.9 - For God decided to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us.

V.10 - He died for us so that we can live with him forever, whether we are dead or alive at the time of his return.

V.11 - So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

Keep looking up....
God on you..........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...