Monday, May 24, 2010

What? It's Monday Again?

Yep! Time to start another week.
Saturday night was a good night (if you ask some) and a stinker night (if you ask me). I struggled with the message and in giving it. My wife said it was a clear and concise teaching but as I was giving it....it sounded like the teacher on the Peanuts cartoon.....(remember her?)
When she spoke, all we heard was "Blah, blah, blah,blah,blah." I guess that if the word went out and it touched people then God was good. Truth be known......NEWFLASH!!! I'm not the center of this little world. So I can live with my struggling and God doing good.

I have been in Genesis now for 2 weeks and I am amazed at what God is showing me.
Not that it is profound or earth shattering, but that I am seeing things in a new light or new way.
New thing #1 --- Man really has been called to be the head of his family. That as the man goes, so goes the family. I see so many other families where the man has given away his authority and duty as husband and father. The wife suffers and is forced to try and be the leader of the family, a place God never intended her to be.

I know that there are situations where the woman has to do this. Maybe her husband left her or has died, then I believe that God gives grace to the woman. In fact when she turns to God, Scripture says that He will become her spiritual husband.

Funny part you find if you read Scripture is that no where is woman called to love her husband. She is called to respect him and honor him. What's up with this? If the man will love his wife and treat her the way the Bible says to, she will respond. She is drawn to a man who loves her and shows her this love through his protection and provision. Doesn't really play out this way in our society today. Maybe that is why the divorce rate is so high. I don't know...you figure it out.

I have been blessed beyond measure to have married a wonderful woman. Vicki and I have been married for 37+ years and I am just now understanding the role of a man in marriage. Not that I have been perfect, I haven't. One thing I do have going in my favor is I am very teachable.

Have a great Monday....
God on you.........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...