Monday, June 14, 2010

Cost Of Discipleship by Leonard Ravenhill - Part 1

Look not to the dress of this man. Nor to the vehicle by which he dispenses the truth of God. Look to your heart and ask yourself, "Does the message resonate within me?" "Do I perceive it to be true or do I judge the message by how it looks and is delivered?
Sometimes we let image get in the way. We become supreme judge, jury and executioner in what we will hold up as being true. To many times, in today's society, we measure truth by the vehicle that delivers it. What if I told you that the greatest truth I ever received was from an addict. A man who came to me and spoke the words of God that penetrated my heart and change the course of my life forever. Would you accept that message if it was couched and covered in long, braided red hair, a John Deere Cap, Jeans and sneakers....spoken from a mouth that had not many teeth in it.
Quit sizing up the vehicle God uses to speak truth to us and receive the words of God.
This was a hard lesson for me to learn.
Hopefully I won't have to repeat it.

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...