Monday, June 14, 2010

Ron Hembree: 1938 - 2010 -- You Will Be Missed


Co-producer and founder of QUICK STUDY Television show, Ron Hembree, died Thursday, June 10th.
As a former evangelist, he had a way of teaching the world that was clear, concise and simple to everyone who tuned in Quick Study.

I first found the Quick Study program back in 2006.
It ran daily and took the viewer through the Bible in one year.
Here in 2010 would be the 20th year of Quick Study and Ron Hembree was such a vital part of the show.
He hosted segments that gave viewers what he referred to as "WORDS FOR THE WISE".
Daily he would take the required reading of Scripture and break it down to make it applicable to life here in the 21st century.
His easy mannerisms and rich, dynamic voice easily kept your attention.
Over the years, Ron Hembree became one of my favorite teachers, as I downloaded each show to my computer to use as study helps.

Ron had just finished the day taping segments of Quick Study for latter viewing.
Speaking to his son, Rod and daughter in law, Janice, Ron told them he loved them and would see them later.
Never were there truer words spoken as Ron has now gone on to be with the Lord, awaiting the day when his entire family will be reunited.

God Bless the Hembree family and the gift they have given the world through the Quick Study Program.

Our prayers are with you...
mb

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Viewing the QuickStudy program allowed for just a glimpse of the wisdom and passion for God's word and people that unceasingly poured from this man's heart. I, being Ron's grandson, have been so fortunate to have seen just how indescribably honorable he truly was. He touched many lives and served God wholeheartedly right up until his moment of death. This world has lost a saint, but heaven has gained one. Grandpa, you were my hero and everything I hope to be in a man.

Greene Street Letters said...

Wow! Thank you so much for stopping by Greene Street Letters and posting. As I wrote, Your Grandpa explained Scripture in way that us simple folk could understand. Looking forward to seein all the Hembree family in heaven and worshipping with you.
God is good....
mb

Unknown said...

Derek couldn't have said it any better. As his son I hope, pray and strive be half the man of god he was. miss you dad and look forward to carrying on your legacy!

Thanks for your kind words Greene Street, I hope people will continue to watch the quick study program!

www.biblediscoverytv.com

Jon said...

My father passed away recently so I share the pain and also the comfort that comes from Christ during these sad times...My wife and I are praying for his loved ones.

JM
PEI

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...