Monday, June 14, 2010

Help! I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up

Saturday night was really special. 
Not because the music was good.....in fact I hit some really clunker notes on my guitar. Notes that weren't even close to the intended fret.
God was there.

The Spirit of God in the room touching hearts.
We are continuing our teaching in going through the Twelve Steps this year.
We combined Step # 6 and Step # 7 this time because the two really are inseparable.
Step # 6
We are entirely ready to have God remove our character defects

Step # 7
We humbly ask God to remove our shortcomings so that our sinful patterns or behaviors can be transformed into patterns of righteousness.

It all goes back to the stark reality and knowledge that "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
How short?
Doesn't matter....

If you could measure distance, then the man who was 1 inch away from God is just as lost and doomed as the man who is a mile away. Both have fallen short and there is nothing within them that can make the distance up and draw them into the presence of God.
But God.........
God, in His infinite wisdom and love, as the Son, Jesus, moves into place to bridge the distance we have fallen. Jesus stretches out to us to draw us and bring us into relationship with God the Father.

I have downloaded the message from Saturday night in the podcast section of the blog. Check it out!

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...