Saturday, June 5, 2010

N & B n' Concert w/ PB & J w/ 411 4 All

I don't know why I titled this posting that way. Just a stream of unconcsiousness I guess.
Visitation today at Rapha. Weather should cooperate which will mean a really good time for all.
I had a really great visit with Mike Powell yesterday. Mike was hooked up with Christian Brothers back in the 70's and 80's and I haven't seen him in 25 years.
Mike was keeping up with Nori Kelley and when he saw that Nori was playing in Gadsden and at Rapha he began calling to get more information. Mike tracked me down through Facebook and Greene Street Letters.

Yesterday, Mike dropped by Rapha to catch up. One thing about friends is that it doesn't matter how long it has been since you last saw each other, you pick right back up when you finally do meet. It was that way yesterday. We spent a few moment filling in the blanks of 25 years, but the conversation was easy. We got a chance to pray for one another which was way cool. I think Mike went to Gadsden Vineyard last night to see Nori. I know it was a really good time for Mike.

One thing I have been grateful for is the people God has let me come in contact with and play with over the years. I have never had the discipline to be an exceptional musician. I have just enough talent (if that's what you call it) to not embarrass myself. At one point during the late 70's, I had resigned myself to the fact that any music I made would be by myself, alone. I would never play in a group again. Little did I know that God had other plans. This is where it gets really weird. God lead me to a place where I was surrounded by incredible musicians. They would ask me to play rhythm or sing back up or play bass. I found myself learning how to worship with my instrument. How cool is that. For the last 27 years, God has let me make music for Him. Every time I get to be a part of a worship team, I am in awe of what God can do through the music. So here's to all the people that have touched my life musically.....

Nori and Barbie Kelley / Don and Jenny Rakestraw / David and Brook Finlayson / Billy Anderson / Devann Jackson / David Tucker / Debbie Handy / Kim England / Kenny Young / Todd Bagley / Wayne Wimpee / Bruce Cornutt / Tim Rolf / Chad Bynum / Larry and Pearl Brick / Barry Hooks / Liz Wood / Jaime Jones / LeNola Bagley / Danny Daniels / Randy Rigsby / Jimmy Fields / Bill Wood / Paul Cash / Jan Hathcock / Mike Cunningham / Johnny Washburn / Barry Goss / Joanna Stockard / David Asbury / Bill & Karen Scroggins / Christian Brothers / and many more.

I have such a rich heritage of people who have shared their music and songs.
I am blessed!
God on you all....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...