Monday, June 21, 2010

Ready....Set....Go

Monday: Last one of the week.
Monday: The slate is clean for me to fill up with "stuff" this week.
Monday: Even though Sunday is the first day of the week, my western mindset says "Today" is the first day.
Monday: Spent time in Proverbs this morning.
Proverbs 24:30-34
I went past the field of he sluggard, past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgment. Thorns had come up everywhere, and the stone wall was in ruins. I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I say. A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest...and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man.

It reminds me of those who pray and ask God to "help" them, when in reality their prayer is for God to "make" them. I know..........I have prayed such prayers before. Guess what? God did not make me. Imagine that. He is there to empower me to carry out the directions He is giving to me.
He is there to oversee me when (not if) I move out in doing what I am suppose to be doing.
Time and time again in Scripture we read where God told Israel......(my translation) "Look guys! I'm giving you this land to live in. Have you scoped it out? It's pretty good stuff. All you have to do is physically cross over into it and possess it, own it, claim it for yourself."

This meant that physical effort had to be put forth on Israels part. THEY HAD TO OBEY! I don't think it has changed much. We have to own this relationship God has established between Himself and us. We have to participate in the growing of our relationship. We don't have the executive right to sit back and fire off prayers to heaven, expecting God to do everything while we sit around just getting blessed to the socks.


What are you goals for this week? What are you expecting God to do in your life? Have you prayed about it? Have you received an answer from Him? If so, then go forth and love and be salt and light to a world that is in darkness.

Have a great Monday....
God on you.........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...