Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We Choose the Fear of the Lord - Maranatha Singers

Lawlessness....
What is it? The absence of the fear of the Lord. We do not have reverence or a sense of awe concerning God and His presence in our midst. I'm not referring to a church building, but rather the idea that the God comes to move among His people. If the people have a fear and reverence for God, then God speaks and reveals Himself in ever increasing ways.

In our society today, we create law upon law yet all the while lawlessness increases. Man does not fear God. From this place, nothing about God makes sense to mans darkened heart. Truly as the Apostle Paul wrote in I Corinthians "God chose the weak, the base, the common things to confound the so-called wisdom of this world." (that was a loose translation if you will).

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Teach me Lord!

God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...