Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Week Ahead

My youngest son, Josh, is coming in tonight on his way to Athens, Georgia. Looking forward to the few hours I will spend with him. Vicki has gone into full blown "mom" mode. Supper for the traveling boy. Home made Cheese & Macaroni, Crowder peas, Slaw, cornbread, and some other such Southern goodness. We don't kill the fatted calf when family comes home.....we raid the garden for veggies.

Chad, my oldest son, is taking a week off from teaching and coaching and saving the free world. He is catching up on yard work and other such foolishness that life demands we do. He will be coming over tonight with Robin and the kids to hang out with Josh. Like I say, it will be a good time at the Bynum household.

Saturday is visitation at Rapha. Families coming out to be with sons, fathers, brothers and grandsons. It should be a great day for visiting. I look forward to this day each month because it does so much for the spirits of the men. Now, if you throw in an evening service with a really cool band............hmmmm...let's see...who would that be.
NORI and BARBIE KELLEY!! They will be playing this Saturday night here at Rapha.
Meeting starts at 6 p.m. Come if you can.

Verse of the day
Titus 3:5-6
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost, which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior.

Every thing (and what falls under everything? Every thing) directed to us from God is done so according to His mercy. What is mercy? God giving us something we don't deserve and God keeping from us something we do deserve. What is it we don't deserve from God? Eternal life, salvation, relationship with Him. Why? Because I am a sinner. I have a sin nature and it is this very fact that should keep God from even looking on me. But Jesus paid the ultimate price/ sacrifice that opens the door for God to come to me.

What is I do deserve from God? Hell! Simple, pure, plain fact that I am a sinner and my sin has a penalty..........death! Not physical death, that happens to us all. But what the Bible calls, the 2nd death...eternal separation from God. Bummer! Don't want to go to that place.
Thank you Lord for all that you are and all that you've done.
Hey guys...have a great day!

God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...