Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back To Normal?

Normal...
What a strange word.
Normal in my world may seen abnormal in yours.
Normal in yours may seem all whacked out in mine.
Which ever it may be, we are settling back into "normal."
Trips are over.
Our youngest son and his wife are 5 hours closer to us now than they were last Saturday.
Vicki and I could actually get up one morning and decide, "Hey! Let's drive over and see Josh and Heather!" What a present.

Spent time with Chad and his family Sunday evening.
Chad had just flown back from Paris.
He is taking a group of High School students next year to Paris for a tour.
He is braver than I am.
High School students? I'd have them all leashed together with a taser in my hand. First one that steps out of line....ZAPPPPP! Not really.
Chad had some pretty amazing photo's of the sights of Paris.

This weekend was all about trust.
I found out exactly how much fear can derail your trust in God.
Fear of the unknown.
Fear of events and circumstances that could possibly happen.
Did you catch that?
Not circumstances that did happen, but in my mind...might happen.
God was all up in the trust issue this weekend.
"Do you trust me?" He said.
"You know I do," I replied.
He then went on to ask me over and over "Do you trust me?"
Finally I got it.
If I trusted Him, I would turn loose of the unknown and let Him lead me into it.
I would lay aside whatever fear was trying to rear its ugly head, and lay hold of Him for the journey.
Sometimes I'm very slow.

Psalm 20:7
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Wow!
I do not want to place my trust in my own abilities or even lack of abilities.
I want turning to God to be so natural and easy that it is the first thing I do, instead of waiting until I'm in a full blown "OH GOD! OH GOD!" mode.
This is the lesson I learned this past weekend.
Trust Him in the little things, like moving from one state to another.
Trust Him in keeping everything under control and on schedule.
Trust Him.
I keep hearing a song from my growing up years.....
"Only trust Him....Only Trust Him.....Only Trust Him now."

Thanks for reminding me, Lord.
God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...