Monday, July 12, 2010

Great Weekend

The message from Saturday night is downloaded and ready to listen to.
Saturday night was a kind of "turning of the page" so to speak.
God has been dealing with Barry, Vicki and me over the past two weeks and the three of us have spent a great deal of time sharing and praying together.

I don't know if I can put down into words what came from our meetings, but I do know this.
Our primary goal here is to bring recovery.
Several have trouble with the term "God as we understood Him"  and our "higher power" when referring to the steps of A.A.
Make no bones about it, in our group when we speak of a higher power, we speak of Jesus Christ.
You can't get any higher than Him.

We must bring three things to recovery:  
1.) Willingness to change
2.) Rigorous honesty
3.) Open mind
We are ready for Jesus to do for us that which we could not do for ourselves.
To clean away all the rubble, garbage and destruction of our past behaviors as we begin a journey of spiritual progress to this promised new life.

We meet each problem head on and do not run away, knowing that God will take us through whatever comes our way, for His promises are yes and amen!

Have a great Monday....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...