Monday, July 19, 2010

Lagos,Reinhard Bonnke


Every person who stands to preach or proclaim the Word of God has detractors and supporters. Voices that cry "False prophet!" or "Truly a person of God!" I am no different. I have been spoken against by others on serveral occasions. Each time, I find myself asking God, "Show me the truth concerning these attacks." If there is spiritual blindness in me, help me to see and to seek Your removal of it.Such is the persecution that comes with preaching the truth. I am above no one. I submit myself to God and to others that they may show me any falsehood or deception in my heart.
My message? "JESUS the CHRIST!" His blood and His blood alone is the open door to a relationship and new life in God.

The reason I began this post in this manner is that I know some have their opinions concerning Reinhard Bonnke. No matter what you think, or how you feel...he stands to proclaim the Word of God in places that not too many actually visit. He goes into the darkest places (spiritually) in Africa to bring the news that there is freedom for the captives and liberty to the prisoner. I remember the first time I saw one of the crusades Reinhard Bonnke preached at. It was years ago and I was going through an illness and could not sleep. I got up from bed and made my way to the living room, turning on the TV.
There I a camera shot of not thousands, not tens of thousands, but a million people standing to here the Word. As Reinhard Bonnke proclaimed the gospel of Jesus, I began to weep thinking to myself, "This is beyond comprehension!" Here in America we think we have done something if we can get a football stadium full. Here, in Africa...in Laos.....a million people had shown up for one thing....to hear the word of God.
Have our hearts, here in America, become so dull that we no longer have need of such a message as the gospel? Are we complacent and apathetic to the point that we have no fear of God (that is called lawlessness)? Oh God! That you would burn Africa with Your Holy Spirit and bring healing and revival.
God! Do not forget us here in America...in some ways we are more lost than those in Africa. We had the Word and traded it for the temporal things to satisfy our flesh. In your mercy, remember us and send revival!

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...