Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday 10:32 a.m.

Hot!
Alabama Hot!
What's it like? If you never visited Alabama during the summer months, especially during late July and early August, it is pretty grueling. Imagine take a sponge full of water...putting said sponge in microwave and heat it, then take the sponge out and place it firmly over your mouth and nose and then breathe. Humidity and heat in 'Bama. Gotta love it. It makes me wonder how we survived growing up when we didn't have A/C. I think in my entire community, there were maybe 1 or 2 people who actually had air conditioning. I guess it is just what you become 'clim-a-tized' too.

Guys here at Rapha have left for pass. I pray that they have a good weekend and are able to begin the process of mending relationships. Pass weekend is huge for these guys as it gives them the opportunity to work the steps of recovery. Part of that process is making amends to those we have harmed. Making amends is more than simply saying, "I'm sorry". Making amends is a change of behavior and a restoration to those we have wronged.

Verse of the day:
Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.
Everything I have, material and spiritual, is because of what Jesus has done for me, in me and through me.
What an incredible Savior that he initiates and then carries through to see that I get everything I need to walk out this life daily.

My place in all of this?
Matthew 6:33
And he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God (God's rule and reign in my life) your primary concern.
God doesn't lavish his goodness, mercy and grace on those who have no intention of allowing Him to work in their hearts and lives. I have always believed that God's blessings are contingent on my obedience to Him. But in the simple effort of saying "Yes, Lord...whatever you want me to do, I will do," God's blessing come.

I wish I had insightful and thoughtful words of wisdom to give you today.
I don't.
But what I do have, I share because this is where I find myself.
Don't quit....
Don't look back....

Don't be afraid or discouraged....God in fact has heard your prayers and cries and He is standing right there with you. He will take you through whatever you may be facing at this moment.
God's word is "yes and amen". That means you can take it to the bank. God does not lead you around or try to keep you on a short leash. There is full-blown, miles and miles of freedom in Christ Jesus.
Do look for someone to encourage today. You may find them at the gas pump or at Wal-mart  or even in the next room, but someone needs to hear an encouraging word.

Until Monday...have a great weekend.
God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...