Thursday, July 22, 2010

Think On These Things...


I don't hear many people talking about hope or heaven.
Hope in Christ.
                                Heaven a place where the governmental presence of God rules.
Seems as though many have traded in heaven for earth.
I mean, if you can get all you want here and now...
why be concerned about the here after.
Fill my plate now here on this side of eternity and let me enjoy...
I know I'm saved and I'm sure heaven is pretty neat, but I live here and now.
Seems as though that kind of thinking is not very, how shall I say this.....
heavenly.

I Thessalonians 5:1-11
But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night  nor of darkness. Therefore, let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
THEREFORE COMFORT EACH OTHER AND EDIFY ONE ANOTHER, JUST AS YOU ARE ALSO DOING.

Jesus is coming back.
This isn't a Pentecostal saying.
It isn't a fundamentalist truth.
It isn't the backbone of the Baptist Church.
IT IS THE WORD OF GOD!
It is a promise.
We will either spend the rest of our days with one eye on our work and one eye on the times around us, or we will become apathetic, complacent and quit looking all together.
I do not want Christ to come back and find me asleep.....
find me not truly believing...
I desire to be ready.

Jesus isn't concerned with whether you are a
pre-trib rapture believer
or a
mid-trib rapture believer
or a
post-trib rapture believer
Jesus' plans are not contingent on my theology.
(that is not an excuse for us to be sloppy in our belief's)
Jesus is coming!
I simply want to walk out today and make sure that I tell my story to someone
who hasn't heard or doesn't understand the good news of Christ.

When the trumpet does blow...
When the shout is given.....
When it happens......
Man! That is going to be cool times ten.

I Thessalonians 4:18
Therefore comfort one another with these words......

God on you.
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...