Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All You Need Is Love


Dionne Warwick sang, "What the world needs now is love, sweet love."
Beatles said, "All you need is love" and then they broke up.
Linda Ronstadt wanted to know "When will I be loved?"
I guess love has been the topic of more poems and songs since the beginning of time.
We are born with an inward desire to be loved and affirmed.
Because we have rejected God, we search for that love (As Mickey Gilley sang) IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES.
We twist the meaning of love.
For some love means sex.
Love means power.
Love means greed.
To God, love means sacrifice.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son....
God loved...
God gave....
The two go together.
Never, never ever will you read   He loved, He took.
Real love creates the desire to give it away.
To demonstrate it.
Boy, does this world need a demonstration of God's love.
Actually what the world needs is to have their eyes and heart's opened to measure of God's love that has been poured out upon us.

Book of Joel speaks of the Last Days.
Joel writes that Spirit of God will be poured out on ALL FLESH.
Not just the saved or the sanctified, but the sinful as well.
But because of the fall of humanity in the Garden of Eden,
Mankind possesses a hardness of the heart which causes rejection.
My prayer is that today, someone may see God in me as I love them.
I know it sounds all "hippie/ 60's " kind of theology, but the truth is.....
Everything God does stems from a heart of love.

Granted HIS love is purer and more complete than any love found here on this earth.
That is why I am in need of such a love.
That is why I am grateful this morning that the Love of God has consumed me.
To ponder the thought that "God is love".
Not that "God simply loves"....He is love.
You cannot begin with God and separate love from Him.
He is love.

Let Him love you today.
In turn, give the love you receive away to someone else.
Wow!

God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...