Saturday, August 21, 2010

GLAD - History of A Cappella

Saturday is kind of a "fun" day for me. Yes, we have our service tonight, but everything is prepared and ready. I tend to spend my morning taking care of what I call "grunt" work. Setting up equipment, making sure the A/C is on. Getting copies of the worship music ready and pulling the overheads.

I also like to add a little fun posting to the blog. GLAD is such a group that can make you smile and cause you to marvel at the incredible instrument that God created called the human voice. Granted, in my case, my instrument is not as well tuned or polished as those in this particular group.

One of the reasons I love this video is that it shows the connection between culture and music especially when it comes to worship or, what some refer to as gospel. There has been and probably will continue to be a tension between groups of people about what is and what isn't acceptable as "God" music. I'm not hear to debate such issues, just to let you know that for some this is a real sticking point. Pretty much what it all boils down to is "preference". We all have certain styles and types of music that we like. Can God use these styles? Yes. Do I like them all? No. But I can recognize the value of it when God is being glorified in the music. There in is the key..............Is God being glorified? Enjoy this video from the group GLAD as they take a standard hymn and present in many different forms and styles.

Until Monday..........God on you......

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...