Tuesday, August 3, 2010

He Was Come Down

"When He was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him."...Mt.8:1

Jesus, upon completing the Sermon on the Mount, came down off of the mountain.
He left a place where the view was not bad. The wind was fresh and soothing. The crowds attentive and listening. He left that place.
He came down from the mountain to a place where sick people were. Maybe they couldn't make it up to where Jesus was. Maybe their illness prevented them from traveling. Were their needs any less than those of the multitude who had made the trek? I don't think so, and here is where I love the heart of Christ. He came down from the mountain to meet these others right where they were. He met the leper. Jesus encountered the Roman soldier, away from home in a land he probably didn't want to be in. Living among a people he did not understand, who had strange customs and ways. Yet this guardian of the Roman Empire sought out Jesus because of a servant lying ill at his home. Jesus came to these.

It is one thing to not want to follow Jesus up the mountain where he taught. It is entirely different when you can't follow. In these cases Jesus came down to them. Isn't that an incredible thought? That Jesus sought out the sick and afflicted. He searched for those who were demonized and ostracized from society. He brought healing to them. Does that mean I get to simply sit and wait for Jesus to come to me? Heavens no! We move in the strength we have. Like the leper, we too must go and meet Jesus and be completely honest in what we desire for him to do. I think sometimes I try to play games with Jesus in an effort to get him to do what I want. It's almost like a religious "twenty questions." When I should be stating the obvious....Gee! I have leprosy...what do I want? TO HE HEALED!!!!!" Believing in faith that Jesus will reach out and heal me.
Cool beans....
until tomorrow.
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...