Saturday, August 7, 2010

Payday !

He showed up at Rapha this morning around 8:30 a.m.
He'd been gone for a couple of months and from time to time I found myself wondering how he was doing.
Was he working a program?
Was his anger in check?
Had he been arrested any more?
Here he was....
Knocking at the R.A. door....
"Mike, could we talk if you're not to busy?"
I'm never to busy to lay everything down and talk to someone.

We made small talk as we walked across the compound to my office.
I asked him how he was doing and he replied that he had come to Rapha to see me for a reason.
Usually this means a favor or to borrow some money. Help in some form or fashion.
Not today though.
Once in my office he looked at me and said, "I need to be saved today! I can't wait any longer, and I need to be baptized."

This individual had been at Rapha before for a number of months.
He'd sat under the teaching and had gone to the church meetings we host here.
He had heard the Word of God.....
Now, here...today.....August 7th, he was completing the circle.
As he prayed, I stood there marveling at the heart of God.
A God who did not surrender on this one.
A God who did not cast him aside.
I saw the truth of God's will is that none should perish.

Finishing his prayer, he stood up and grabbed me in the biggest, tightest bear hug a man could give....
Tears running down his face, he said over and over...."Thank you...thank you....thank you.."
Dude, I had the least part in all of this.
But I got the payday.
I got to see someone surrender and the Holy Spirit of God fill them with new life.
That, my friend, is what it's all about.

God on you.........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...