Thursday, August 26, 2010

There is hope & life after Alcohol Addiction & Drug Addiction.


For God had such an affection and love for the creation that he had spoken into existence, He had to do something. He saw the ravages of sin....He saw the destruction that was taking place and taking a toll. He felt the pain of those who, through tempted choices, had now lost the simple will to stop. He had to do something.
He chose to pay the price for everyone lost in the darkness, realizing that they were powerless. He paid the price not out of pity but compassion. He paid the price not out of anger but out of a love that I will not be able to understand until I stand face to face with Him. He paid the price.
He sent His Son, Jesus.
He gave His Son, Jesus.
To be the price to rescue and redeem all of us from the ultimate penalty that comes with our sin. The Second Death! An eternal separation from God and everything good and holy. He, Jesus, was sent to be that propitiation for our sin. He became the payment. I go to pay my electric bill and I pull money from my wallet. I go to pay a grocery bill and I pull a debit card out. I go to pay my cable bill and I write a check. God pulled the very heart of who he is out and then watched Him die.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Thank you God!! Think on these things.
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...