Thursday, August 12, 2010

Woooo---Hoooo!


Psalm 19:8
The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing JOY to the heart.

Psalm 5:11
But let all who take refuge in you rejoice. Let them sing joyful praises forever. Protect them, so all who love your name may be filled with JOY.

Jude : 24
And now, all glory to God, who is able to keep you from stumbling, and who will bring you into his glorious presence innocent of sin and with great JOY.

Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all JOY and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Kick up your heels for Jesus and in Jesus today.
Laugh out loud at your circumstances.
Everything that is trying to stop you is temporary.
                                                  Only the things of Jesus are eternal.

I know this sounds nutty but you know what..I'm asking that you be completely drenched in           the joyful presence of the Lord.
It's His JOY we are talking about anyway...
Not mine...
                                                                          not yours...
                                                                          But God's.

I think one of the strangest verses I've ever read is in Hebrews 12:2 where it reads.....who for the JOY that was set before him endured the cross.....
Dude, that is some serious joy there.
I know it is not born of this world and is given from the heart of Father God....
But I need that...
Joy that gives me vision to look beyond my circumstances...not excuse them, but look beyond them and see the hand of God directing and guiding me.
That is a comfort knowing that God is in control and not me.

                                                                  Find that Joy today.

God on you....
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

I've been thinking about joy for about a month now. I wrote about that this morning in a blog post I haven't published yet. Reading through the Bible this year I've been amazed how many times I have seen that word.

Greene Street Letters said...

People tend to equate "joy" with the state of their circumstances and situations. God's joy is not defined or bound by the dictates of this world.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...