Friday, September 3, 2010

The $64,000.00 Question

Jesus and his disciples left Galilee and went up to the villages near Caesarea Philippi. As they were walking along, he asked the, "Who do people say I am?"

Age old question that is still being asked by Jesus daily to those who claim to be his disciples.
Each morning as I rise, I am faced with this question in my own personal relationship with him.
It isn't a question that gives rise to a verbal answer, although that is part of it.
It is a question that gives rise to the reflection of my life seen by others (and Jesus) as to what I do, what I say, how I conduct myself in the affairs of the day.
In other words, do others see Jesus in me?
In other words, when Jesus looks at me, does he see himself?

My life either reveals the goodness of God, or the falseness of what I claim.
I either reflect Jesus.....
or I reflect the world.
That is why Jesus stayed on the Pharisees and other religious rulers of his day.
He knew that they were all about the show and had no go in their lives, when it came to religion.
They were part of the old covenant of "do"...
Offer animals for forgiveness of sin.....
Wash yourselves in appropriate manner so as not to sin.....
Repeat the Scripture with no heed as to what it truly meant....
An entire system of "Do as I say........not as I do."
Now here before everyone was the Messiah they had been looking for.
Trouble was, Jesus did not fit the mold that had been created in the mind of man.
Even today, Jesus does not fit that mold, because he came not into the world to place himself within the mind of man, but in the hearts of mankind.
It is in the heart that the truth of God is revealed.
It is from the heart that lives are changed.

He is Lord...
He is God...
He is Master...
He is Savior....
He is Yahweh....
He is Jehovah....
He is Messiah....
He is Christ....
He is the hope of mankind...
He is the enemy to the kingdom of darkness...
He is the power to save....
He is judge...
He is Father...
He is Son....
He is Holy Spirit.....
He is the LORD!

I'm telling you right now if that doesn't set you on fire, then your woods wet!
Ask Him to fill you up!
Ask Him to talk to you today!
Give your heart and life over to Him.....

God on you today!
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Fill me up LORD!

Greene Street Letters said...

Above and beyond what we can hold....
Double amens and triple blessings to you Bobby!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...