Saturday, September 25, 2010

Daniel Amos - Meal.

Boy...you better let me explain this song....
This song (By the group Daniel Amos..yeah...it's not an individual) was recorded before the big machine got a hold of Contemporary Christian Music....( I always hated that term). This album, SHOTGUN ANGEL, is a classic because no one had ever heard such before. You had Daniel Amos and Bethlehem both recording some really incredible music that reflected their new found relationship with Jesus. No one wrote to "make" a hit..they wrote, sang, played and recorded this way because no one knew any other way to do it.
I miss those days in one respect. I have become jaded to the tunes I hear on CD or download.....Not much there to soothe my old bones. Before you say anything, just remember that your bones will one day be old also.

Enjoy this silly, wonderful, amazing song that speaks to the hunger we should have for Jesus!

ONE WAY DUDE!!!!
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...