Thursday, September 23, 2010





John 1:12
But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.

God alone holds the power to either accept or reject those who claim to be his.
He isn't mean spirited and spiteful in this selection. The problem lies with the mindset that the world has adopted toward God.  The world (our society) has created God in its image rather than becoming born again into the image of God. We (humanity) declare that God is a god of love and that he would never reject anyone. The world loves the idea that there are many path's to God. One only needs to find what works and then follow it. How so not true is that belief. God does not reject.... We reject and based on our actions we declare our loyalty to someone other than him. We choose to go against what is right and what isholy, to embrace what we have wrongly delcared to be "fair."  I think that is what some people want...a god who is fair. The last time I told God something wasn't fair, He agreed with me. In fact He told me, "Your right, what you are going through isn't fair, but it also isn't fair that I had to send my Son to die in your place." I quickly understood the concept of fair and I have never played that card again.

I have been accused of being close minded for believing that Jesus is the only way to the Father. I have been called intolerant and even bigoted for believing that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. My reply to such is that I did not make the rules up. I did not decide this truth. It is found in the Bible and as such I either believe or I don't. For me, I'm just crazy enough to think, "Hey! It must be true because I know my own personal track record of following Jesus and the power of this book we call the Bible."

The thing that catches my eye in the John verse is the first three words.........But to all.......
Here we see the love of God manifested in those three words. There are no exclusions to the invitation. There isn't any intolerance to the gift. God has extended it freely. The intolerance comes from those who reject it and try to formulate intent because of their rebellion...."God is a mean god."  Or  "God is not a god of love".  How far from the truth.

But to all who believed him and accepted him.  IN order to accept something, you have to reject something. In this case one who believes and accepts is trading one lifestyle for another. We are rejecting a way of life that the world system tells us to live...........in order to obtain a life in the Kingdom of God. A life of relationship with Him. Now that is cool x 10!

So what is your view of John 1:12?
Feel free to post here at the Greene Street Letters...
God on you.......
mb

4 comments:

manateeglee said...

I visit your blog quite often. I even print and mail your teaching and insights often to someone in prison that doesn't have access to your blog. I appreciate your writing,even though I haven't commented in a while. Today I felt compelled to encourage you to continue on and to bless you that you have no fear of being called intolerant or bigoted!

Greene Street Letters said...

Thank you for the encouragment. Feel free to copy and give away anything on this blog. I totally appreciate your comment about sending things from the blog to those in prison. God bless you as you spread the good seed in places that people tend to forget about or, even worse, don't want to think about.
God on you........
mb

Anonymous said...

thank God "whosoever" surely meaneth me

are you familiar with Father John Doe's works???

Greene Street Letters said...

Yes I am.....
He set the stage (so to speak) for othere who struggled with alcoholism.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...