Monday, September 20, 2010

Quote Of The Day

Taken from a web site dedicated to those in recovery.....
"People have the right to not recover."
Sounds foolish, but at the heart of this quote is the most dangerous power humanity possesses.
The ability to choose.
The ability to say "NO!" to God and walk away from the gift of life.
The ability to remain a slave to a lifestyle that ends in destruction.
This life of addiction has never been beaten by anyone. By that, I mean that after all the years of drugging and drinking, life is better and wonderful and great. That some man or woman would stand up and say, "I've been using for 28 years and my life is more wonderful today than when I first started. How absurd such a statement would be because we know different.

Romans 1:18 reads:
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold down (or suppress) the truth.
The ability to say "No" to God is a power that is beyond frightening.
Say "no" long enough and God may remove his hand from that individual.
The one thing I've learned is that God will give you what you want. If your heart is bent on destruction and drugs and alcohol, and you keep rejecting God's offer of life, He will turn loose and let you go do what it is you want to do. That alone would scare me to death.

Today, I am grateful that God is longsuffering and patient.
I am grateful that God still works with those whose hearts are totally committed to Him (II Chron. 16:9)
I am grateful to Dr. Bob and Bill W. for their gift of Steps to the addiction community.
I am grateful for the Word of God which is living and active and still able to divide even the hardest of hearts.
And I am grateful for Jesus, the Son of God, who gave his life on a hill outside of Jerusalem that I might have real life.
I am grateful that the blood of Jesus has not lost any of its power or ability to save and cleanse.
I am grateful for the Holy Spirit that was placed in me at my conversion.
I am grateful today!

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...