Thursday, September 2, 2010

A radical christ centerd message by john piper

I do not understand the real value and worth of Jesus Christ. I confess that on this side of eternity, my flesh seeks to cut that message and understanding short. I press on to know though. I know in my heart that there is a worth of Jesus Christ that I have fully grasped. Oh it isn't an understanding that is laid hold of by the human mind, it is an understanding that is known and understood in the heart and spirit. It is the Spirit of Almighty God laying hold of me........It is the Spirit of Almighty God speaking to me saying, "Be still and know that I am God!" It is in this stillness that the effort and strength of man falls away, crumbled, lying in the dust and the the magnificent beauty of God stands in power, dominion and purity.That is what I seek to know today.

God on you.........

mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

AWESOME! AWESOME! Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Greene Street Letters said...

I wish I could get words to come out of my mouth like John does his. I'm telling you I sat and watched this and just bawled....to think that I seldom really stop to consider the authority and dominion that Jesus has....
man....what a Saviour.
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...