Monday, October 11, 2010

Good Weekend

Friday night: Celebrate Recovery Centre, Alabama - God comes and there is much ministry as people fill the front for prayer.

Saturday night: Rapha -  The men are learning how to worship. The enter in and God comes. Much prayer for different ones who are struggling. Thank you Lord!

Sunday night: Celebrate Recovery North Glencoe Baptist Church - Once again for the third time, God comes and there is much healing.

What was the common denominator in these three meetings this past weekend?
People came with hungry hearts, ready to meet with God and receive from Him.
It wasn't about me or anything else. God came to heal and save and restore and renew because people were hungry for Him and for something real.

Psalm 34:18 -   The Lord is near unto them who have broken hearts and he saves those who have a contrite spirit.
There is no room for pride in the Kingdom of God.
There is no room for self-edification and ego building.
Every time I go to speak at a meeting, shortly after I arrive a voice begins to whisper to me. The voice of the enemy. "Who do you think you are? You have no right to stand and speak to anyone. Look at your own life. What a mess you were. Do you think God would use you?"
I don't listen to it, but it would be real easy to.
I don't heed what is being spoken in my head, but it would be real easy to.
What I do is to sit with my eyes close and ask myself, "What is the truth?" Then I begin to recite Scripture over and over and over. The voice quietens and I am able to speak.

The Lord is near to those whose hearts are broken and those whose hearts are breaking. Today if you are going through a dark time, cry out to God. Literally, I mean cry out! "Oh God, come please, I need you!"
Then quit listening to the voice of the enemy and turn your heart to Jesus. Read the Psalm out loud! Lay your prayers before God and then look for the peace that comes only from Him. Whatever you do....do not...do  not....do not...fall prey to the voice of the enemy.

God on you today!
mb

2 comments:

emilyelizabeth said...

It was so good to meet you Sunday night! I have a feeling I'll be learning from you more in the future. :)

Greene Street Letters said...

The pleasure was all mine.
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...