Monday, October 25, 2010

Good Weekend

I will be posting the message from Saturday  night later on today so feel free to check back and listen to it.
There was much prayer and ministry Saturday night which is always something we want to happen.
I don't try to manipulate a response from the men who come to the meeting, I just want them to see and experience of being prayed over and ministered to. Then I want to teach them how to pray and minister to others.

Our worship time was the part that set up what happened the rest of the meeting. We just wanted to worship God...not sing about him or talk about him but direct our hearts and minds and voices to him. Worship is new to a lot of the men who come through the Rapha program. Because there are musicians up front and it's music, sometimes they feel like it is suppose to be a concert. I remind them that WORSHIP is verb not a noun. A verb denotes action, therefore worship is something we participate in.

Luke 11:28- He replied, "But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice."
The word of God should not be relegated to Sunday's only.
It is what gives me strength.
It is what the Spirit inside of me uses to direct me.
It is something I can hold in my hands and yet be the recipient of divine wisdom that is older than anything I know.
Sure it's just paper and ink and a backing to hold it all together.........
But beyond the natural aspects of this book we call the Bible, is the divine interaction that God brings through the book.
It truly is a most wonderful gift ever given to mankind (let me rephrase that....2nd most wonderful gift....Jesus is No.# 1).
To be able to read and study and digest what is written is worth more than anything the world has to offer.
But.....
Unless a heart is awakened and takes these words as life, it is all for naught.
Obey!
Read...
Study....
Do....
Obey!
That is where the life comes in.
Directed by the Holy Spirit and walked out in a fallen world, we see the power and purity that we could never possess on our own.
We become New Creations in Christ Jesus.
For that I am grateful.
Fall in love with the Word of God today.
Listen to the Spirit of God in you as he guides you today.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...