Friday, October 29, 2010

It's Friiiiiidaaaaay!

The Word of God.
Without the Spirit to guide us, illuminate us and open our eyes.....
The Word of God is just that.....words.
When the connection is made through our relationship with God, then those words come alive as the Spirit breathes life into our spirit.

Psalm 119
Verse 2-3 Blessed are those who obey his decrees and search for him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths.

Verse 5 -  Oh that my actions would consistently reflect your principles!

Verse 9 -  How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word and following it rules.

Verse 10 -  I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Verse 25 - I lie in the dust, completely discouraged. Revive me by your word.

Verse 29 - 30 -  Keep me from lying to myself. Give the privilege of knowing your law. I have chosen to be faithful. I have determined to live by your laws.

Verse 39 - Help me abandon my shameful ways. Your laws are all I want in life.

Verse 83 -  I am shriveled like a wineskin in the smoke, exhausted with waiting. But I cling to your principals and obey them.

Verse 130 -  As your words are taught, they give light so that even the simple can understand them.

Verse 133 -  Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by any evil.

Verse 162 -  I rejoice in your word like one who finds a great treasure.

John 1:1-2 - In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and he was God. He was in the beginning with God.

II Timothy 4:14-17 -  But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you. You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do.

Good Scripture today on the importance of studying God's word. Live a balanced life, by that I mean life a life that is filled with the Word of God, but is directed by the Holy Spirit as He takes the Word inside of us and makes it relevant to what is going on around us today.

Feel the Spirit's guiding as you walk through this day.
Love with the love of God.
Speak with the mind of Christ.
Worship as one who has been given much.
Life as though this is our last day, our last hour here on earth.
Tell your story of God's love manifested to you.
Give away everything God has given to you.
Show someone the way today.
Know that you are loved beyond reason today by your heavenly Father.
Join in the fellowship of Christ's suffering.

God on you today.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...