Friday, October 1, 2010

Now! Today...

Habakkuk 3:1-2
This prayer was sung by the prophet Habakkuk:
I have heard all about you, LORD.
I am filled with awe by your amazing works.
In this time of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by,

and in your anger, remember your mercy.

In this time....today...right now.....October 1, 2010...
Whatever your deepest need is............
Maybe it is for a healing....
Maybe it is for a restoring of relationship with God and renewed hope.....
Maybe it is a financial need.....
Maybe you don't even know what the need is because your life is in such chaos and turmoil down seems like up and over seems like under....
Whatever is going on in your life today....
Like the prophet Habakkuk, cry out..."Help me!"
No truer words were every spoken when Jesus said, "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of God.
Blessed.....great favor from God who is the giver of all good things......
Poor in Spirit....when you come to the end of yourself. No more lies to others or to yourself...no more games...no more pretending. Just the cold hard fact staring you in the face that you are full of poverty and hopelessness spiritually. When you get to that point, then there is less of you and more of God.

I do not write these things as one who has risen to some great spiritual height.
No! I write these as one who has come to grips with his own powerlessness.
I know all too well that I am one step away from going over the cliff back to the old lifestyle.
It is this knowledge of my own capabilities, along with the understanding that God is the power I have been searching for that can restore me to sanity, that keeps me following hard daily. I have no desire to lead. I have no desire to draw attention to anything I've done. I want Jesus' name to be exalted in every step I take. Oh that there would continue to be a diminishing of me and a increase to the God in my life.

Today...no matter what your circumstance....
No matter what or where you find yourself....
God is there.

God on you.....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Press on mb ! And thanks for sharing your journey with us.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...