Monday, November 15, 2010

And A Little Child Shall Lead Them.....

Some times the greatest truth.....
Some times the voice of God....comes in ways that, if we're not careful, we will miss.
Saturday night at our meeting, during the worship time, I asked if you could sum up God in one word what would you say. To proclaim, in one word, what God meant to you.
Several began to call out....
"Love."
"Grace"
"Mercy"...
It went on and on until a little girl, probably around 5 years old, raised her hand.
She said....."God? Well, he's God!"
IT was one of those moments where, as an adult, you are kind of lost for words.
She proclaimed a simple but yet very profound truth.
God is God...
Why should there be any argument from anyone about who God is?
Why should there even be debate and discussion?
God is God.
She knew it in her heart and she saw no need to grapple with this truth. It is what it is. God is God.
You can try and explain away everything that happens to you with the greatest of theological knowledge but in the end.......God is God.
God doesn't exist to be proven true...
God is truth whether I want to believe it or not. We can debate these thing until time, as we know it, ends. It will not lessen or increase the matter that God is God.
I have learned to hold what truth I have very loosely. By that, I mean that I am opened to hear God and be lead in any direction no matter what my belief is. Some people are offended by this, but what I have learned over the years is that the more I know about God, the less I know about God because He is constantly revealing himself to me. This revealing challenges the way I think and the way I study His word.
Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I play loosey-goosey with God or his Word. If anything, what I believe is being honed down and focused in ways I never could have dreamed of. Even with this, there is so much more I have learn and experience when it comes to God.

Psalm 119:130 reads:
The unfolding of Your word brings light. It gives understanding to the simple.
Some people would be offended by the idea that God's word gives understanding to the simple.
They would not consider themselves to be simple. Me? I'm very simple and don't mind saying so.
I don't mind being lead by a little child.
Maybe we should listen to our children more.
We might be surprised as to how much God is actually speaking.
You want truth.
Here it is!

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.

They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.

God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...