Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Healing Rain

Hosea 6:3
Oh, that we might know the LORD! Let us press on to know him! Then he will respond and come to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.

I find myself in a very hard place this morning.
A hard place physically and emotionally.
It would be very easy to give up and quit today, but that is not an option. I think God lead me to this verse to encourage me and hopefully through my encouragement, you will be encouraged to not give up.
These emotions are not wrong or sinful. They are not a lack of faith or trust. They are simply human emotions that will come to us as long as we walk around in this mortal flesh. The answer we all need to tell ourselves is that when we feel this emotions and thoughts coming up in our mind, we don't entertain them.
As the verse in Hosea read: "Oh that we might know the Lord!. Not a head knowledge of his ways, but really know Him through interaction and walking with Him daily. 

The next part is the part I have got to engage today...."Let us press on to know Him."  Press on...not allow anything or anyone to come between God and me. I will not allow circumstances to stop me from moving on with my walk with God. Press on....lean into.....strain to move forward. It all shows Resistance to what we are doing. We do not give up.

Maybe that is the word for the day. "DON'T GIVE UP!"
No matter what.
Do not quit.
Do not stop.
Do not turn back.
Press on.

That will be my mind set and my posture today. I will press on in spite of any emotion.
I will lean into no matter what the day may look like.
For you are worthy Lord. Worthy to be pursued and laid hold of.
Thank you for this day with all its troubles and problems.
I know that your name will be exalted and raised up as a standard to live for.

Think on these things....
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...