Saturday, November 27, 2010

John Newton & Amazing Grace



I know it is the Vogue, especially in this day and time, to post in blogs and quote famous people.
To give the impression that every posting is done in sincerity. Today's posting is not one of those times.
Whenever I hear Amazing Grace, I am reminded of a Phil Donahue show I saw back in the late 80's. He had some celebrity singer who had been saved on his show and they were sharing their story of what had transpired in their life. Coming back from a break, the audience was being led by the this individual singing Amazing Grace. Mr. Donahue said to the guest, "You don't really believe that do you? I mean I know the song says "saved a wretch like me", but I'm no wretch. I'm a pretty nice guy. I pay my taxes, I don't beat my wife, I take care of my kids. I don't think I need saving."

Well, from the bottom of my heart, I declare to you today that I embrace the words of the Apostle Paul found in Romans 7: 24-25 -- What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!

I was in need of being saved by God's Amazing Grace.
I make no excuses for my need.
Nor do I wish to appear puffed up and full of self.
I was in need of being saved by God's Amazing Grace.
As the Big Book of A.A. states....."God did for me, what I could not do for myself."
I was blind...
Now I see....
I was lost....
Now I am found.....
Praise God...for His love and gift of eternal life.

God on you..............
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Grace....my favorite word! God on you mb!!!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...