Thursday, November 11, 2010

Keith Green - My Eyes Are Dry


How easy to slide from the heart of a servant to a heart of selfish, sinful flesh. From doing out of a heart of love into doing from merely a sense of duty.
Tonight, I am dry. I do not mix my words or seek sympathy. I know that God alone possesses the ability to take my old heart and change it.
Lord God....
You who declared the heavens and earth to exist...You who holds every thing in place by the power of Your word....I come to you.
I am in need of you washing my heart with oil and wine. Your Spirit of Love and the wine of Your blood restore me tonight. I confess the hardness. I confess the Pharisee view that my eyes have seen with. Forgive me Lord.
I bless you that my prayer has not been in vain, but even as I am typing this, I know Your Holy Spirit is at work in me. I thank you for Your hand upon my life, and the lives of my family. You, O Lord, are our portion and provision. Thank You that you have not given up on me!
In Jesus name...amen.
God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...