Monday, November 8, 2010

On Your Mark...Get Set......GO!

"In The Beginning......God.....
The Bible opens with these words...."In the beginning, God
When time began...
When the first second of the first minute of the first hour of the first day ticked....God was there.
And it was from this beginning that everything we know, understand, see, touch, taste, hear, and smell had its birth. God was there to speak it into existence. What power! That the very words that came forth had the ability to create molecular levels of power which, when bonded together, created the things we now take for granted.
God was there....
God is always there.
Not only at the beginning, but in the middle as well as at the end.
He cannot be outlasted by anyone or anything.
Even during Jesus' temptation in the wilderness, Scripture reads that the devil left him for a more opportune time. In other words, Jesus simply outlasted the devil. To me, that is a great comfort to know that my Savior does not grow weary or faint but "lives to make intercession for the saints.'
I take great comfort that no matter what is going on around me, Jesus is there.
No matter what the pain and hurt my physical or mental state  may be in, Jesus is there, and he isn't a passive bystander watching. He is constant contact with God the Father interceding on our behalf.
No matter what my "beginning" is in my life..........there was God.

No matter what your situation is today.....In the beginning of it, God was there and continues to be close.
Scripture reads where Jesus says, "I'll never forsake you or desert you." That means his presence is with us 24/7...365.
It is the devil that wants you to feel abandoned and alone.
It is he who desires to get you to take your focus off of God and turn it inward to your problems.
If he can do that, then he can keep you in darkness and not seeking God for direction and strength.
Trust God today like you never have before.
Think on these things.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...