Friday, November 19, 2010

Step #11

We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contacts with God, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out.

More than just a part of a program for people who are addicted, these twelve steps of AA represent a way of life that defines our movements and daily activities, all under the guidance and direction of God's Holy Spirit.
Psalm 27 speaks of this new life.

V1.- The Lord is my light and my salvation---whom shall I fear. 
My perception is illuminated by God, not my own thinking.
My best thinking got me in the shape I am.
The realization that God IS my salvation and in Him, I find everything needed to move beyond my addiction.

V.2 - When evil people come to destroy me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will      
 stumble and fall.  --
Yes, we do have enemies out there. People who were our old friends, who
shared that old lifestyle with us, will not be excited about our new found recovery and way of life
 The Spirit of God in us will convict them of their own behavior and rejection of God. Some will
 accept His salvation, others will reject God.

V3.-- Though a might army surrounds me, my heart will know no fear. even if they attack me
 I remain confident. --
My faith, my trust, my hope rests solely on Jesus Christ. As the song
says, "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the
sweetest frain but wholly lean on Jesus name. On the Christ the solid rock I stand, all other
ground is sinking sand...all other ground is sinking sand."

V.4 -- The one thing I ask of the Lord...the thing I seek most is to live in the house of the
Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His Temple. -- 
As a New Testament believer, we no longer have to seek God at a Temple.
We are the Temple. He takes up residence in each believer in the form of His Holy Spirit.
I like that phrase, "Delighting in the Lord's perfections"......Falling in love with the very nature of
God and how He works to bring about His plans even right here in a fallen world.

V.5 --For He will conceal me there when troubles come. He will hide me in the sanctuary.
He will place me out of reach on a high rock. --
 Notice what is written....
 God will conceal me WHEN trouble comes. Not if, not in the event, but when.
That tells me trouble is a part of life here on this side of eternity. But God will place me on a high rock.
That rocks name is JESUS the CHRIST. What a wonderful promise. I need to get this down
in my heart and hold firm to its promise. God does not lie...what He has spoken, he will do.

I'm going to leave off here. Finish reading Psalms 27 and ask God to reveal what He intends you to know and understand for today. Until tomorrow....

God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...